In today’s world, few of us have the time to visit the dentist for multiple appointments in order to receive dental treatment. At the same time, sitting for hours in a dental chair is not ideal either. One solution to this is called CEREC, a state-of-the-art machine that can make permanent crowns, veneers or onlays for you while you are still in the chair.
Here is how it works:
- The dentist will prepare your tooth using a small drill.
- A special camera is then used to take an image of your teeth which is then uploaded to the design unit.
- This image is uploaded to a CAD/CAM unit, which creates a 3D model of your new tooth.
- The model is used by a milling machine, which creates your new tooth from a block of high quality ceramic that best matches your surrounding teeth.
- The restoration is then fixed into place.
- Accurate restoration that strengthens and supports the remaining tooth structure.
- Quick and convenient solution that means you don’t need an extra visit to the practice, have to wear a temporary fitting for a few weeks or get anaesthesia twice!
- A natural-looking restoration that blends in well with your surrounding teeth.